site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

Q&A Friday!!!

One of the things I enjoy doing during the holidays is buying books for myself and reading them. While my husband drives, I read. I picked up Diane Gaston's Gallant Officer, Forbidden Lady and Terry Mclaughlin's A Small-Town Reunion, which I'm saving for the trip to Louisiana to visit family and friends.

Diane Gaston
Gallant Officer, Forbidden Lady
The battlefields of Badajoz are nothing compared to the cutting tongues of polite society, but Jack Vernon has never been very "polite." A canvas is this brooding artist's preferred company—having once been the outlet for the horror he witnessed at war, it's now his fortune.

Painting the portrait of stunningly beautiful Ariana Blane is his biggest commission yet. Learning every curve of her body ignites feelings he thought were destroyed in battle. But he's not the only man who has Ariana in his sights….


Terry McLaughlin

A Small-Town Reunion

Addie Sutton's stained-glass window business may be this close to bankruptcy, but she won't give up, even if it means she'll have to see Devlin Chandler again. All right, so she's still in love with the bad-boy heir to the Chandler estate. Though Addie's too smart to go after a man she knows isn't right for her, especially with the tangled history between them.

But Dev's intent on pushing the envelope. He's always been attracted to the former housekeeper's daughter and wants to see where their relationship could lead. Addie tells him where—to heartbreak. Can he convince her that special something between them is worth taking a chance on?
What sort of books would you like to see on the shelves in 2010? Is there a particular time period, setting, or subgenre that you're hoping to see expand in the new year?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Mo, do you read out loud to your DH? Loved Diane's GOFL. I can't wait for the next book in the trilogy. And I've been saving Terry's series until I had them all, so I could read them all at once. They're at the top of the TBR pile now. I'm looking forward to them. I never thought about hoping for an expansion, though I'm looking forward to several books coming out this year that are parts of series like Diane's.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Judy,
No, I don't read aloud to my husband. I may give it a try, though...

I'm looking forward to the rest of Diane's trilogy, too!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Hi, Mo :-)! I can't imagine any way I'd like my reading choices to expand. What I'd like instead is an extra book or two each year from all my favorite authors. Write faster ;-)!

Thanks for the interest in my books, Judy and Mo--I appreciate it :-)!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Maureen, I hope you enjoy GOFL!

I'm hoping I have time to read all my friends' books!!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Louisa Cornell said...

I LOVED GOFL too! And I can't wait for the next two in the series! I picked up the first one in Terry's series, but haven't read it yet.

Like you, O Divine One, my Christmas wish is to have more time to write and more time to read all of the great books out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]