site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, December 07, 2009

Favorite Christmas Reads

Last week I started my Christmas reading. My grandmother loved reading holiday romances, and she got me into it. Now, every year from Thanksgiving vacation to Christmas, I read Christmas themed books.

Last week I read the new Silhouette Romantic Suspense, with three novellas. The second one, about an undercover cop working as a mall Santa, was my favorite.

Photobucket

Now I’m reading a Superromance, Home for the Holidays by Sarah Mayberry, about a single dad who moves in next to a female mechanic after his wife died. So far not very Christmasy, though, and I’m halfway through.

Photobucket

Next I have Moonlight and Mistletoe by Dawn Temple, about a woman who’s the illegitimate daughter of a famous television personality and the lawyer who tries to get her to sign an agreement, only to become trapped at her cabin. So far, I love it.

Photobucket

Then there’s Silent Night, a collection of romantic suspense by Dee Davis, Evelyn Rogers and Claudia Dane. I have to say I have no idea what it’s about, but I love Evelyn Rogers, so I bought it.

Photobucket

Last year I’d read the Virgin River books and was excited about the Virgin River Christmas book, but honestly, this year I couldn’t tell you what it was about.

Photobucket

I read A Town Called Christmas by Carrie Alexander, I think, and I remember the heroine being a part of a family who had a Christmas business. I don’t remember who the hero was, but it was a sweet story.

Photobucket

My favorite—and I hope I have time to reread it this year—is Santa’s Angel, about a man doing community service (that’s not exactly right, but I don’t remember the details, something like that) as a store Santa and a woman who is Santa’s elf. She finds herself falling for the Santa, but doesn’t know he’s also the man who she finds arrogant in real life. He goes to great extents to hide his true identity and I love watching the two of them fall in love.

Photobucket

What are some of your favorite Christmas reads?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Judy said...

I loved A Town Called Christmas! I also really enjoy reading Christmas romances, though I've sometimes found Christmas only had a passing mention in some of them. I'm also reading Ed Butchart's The Red Suit Diaries, a true story of Ed's experiences as a professional Santa. Just wow.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Oooh, great list, MJ! Looks like I have some reading to do!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Hi, MJ :-)! Wow, this was a tough assignment. I tend to forget titles, and it took me a while to remember if I'd read any romances that revolved around Christmas.

I finally came up with A Visit from Sir Nicholas, by Victoria Alexander, and Simply Unforgettable, by Mary Balogh. Two sweet and wonderful Christmas-related tales by two of my favorite authors :-).

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous LIsa Hendrix said...

ANGEL LANE, by Sheila Roberts.

This one's on the top of my TBR pile, waiting for that free moment. It's another of her Heart Lake book, like last year's ON STRIKE FOR CHRISTMAS, which I loved (and which, btw, Target has brought back on a special promotion this year).

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

MJ,
I love reading Christmas anthologies, too. I picked up Snow Angels, yesterday at Wal-mart with authors Fern Michaels, Marie Bostwick, Janna McMahan, and Rosalind Noonan! I was looking for Diane's book while there, but couldn't find it, dadblameit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]