site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, November 09, 2009

Thankful for the Little Things

Isn't it odd how we seem to devote one day a year to being thankful and then forget to give thanks the rest of the year. We all get busy and begin to take things for granted. But sometimes it's nice to slow down and really think about what all we're thankful for on a more regular basis. For example, in just the weekend alone, here are the things I'm thankful for:

1. Warmer-than-normal November weather -- It's been beautiful the past few days, allowing me to get in some yard work and nice walks around the neighborhood. And the longer it stays warm now, the shorter the winter will seem.

2. My laptop -- I do most of my writing on my laptop, and just this weekend alone it's allowed me to finish up a chapter on one book and get a proposal put together for another series to send to my agent.

3. The scent of cinnamon that seems to be in all the stores now, putting me in the mood for the holidays. Same with holiday decorations.

4. Homemade pizza -- Yesterday was the hubby's birthday, and what he wanted was the homemade pizza made from his Mom's recipe. So that's what we had, and it's the best pizza around.

5. My TiVo -- I've said it before, and no doubt I'll say it again, but I love my TiVo. It allows me to record shows I like while I'm working. Then, when I finish up my writing for the day, I can kick back and watch, zipping past all the commercials. This weekend, I've fit in Extreme Makeover Home Edition, two episodes of Heroes, Smallville and the season premiere of The Seeker.

What have you experienced in the past few days that you're thankful for?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger CatherineG said...

Well, I found Sting's new If ON A Winter's Night CD at Starbucks yesterday, so my nonstop driving all week will be nice. I usually listen to books, but I do love Sting.

I'm thankful for hot English Breakfast tea and real sugar.

I'm thankful we were all home at the same time yesterday so we could all go take a walk. You're right, Trish, it's way warmer now than it was in October.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

I'm thankful that my cat Pixie, thanks to medicine, is doing well. I'm thankful that the fittings on Saturday and picture day for the ballet yesterday went well. No crazy parents yelling at me! Woohoo!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Mo, I find it funny how people worry about the future generation, and yet it's the parents that drive us crazy.
:-)

I'm thankful for responsible pet owners. My sister took pictures of a friend's dog who is simply adorable.

I'm thankful for friends who listen.

I'm thankful for new books from favorite authors.

And yes, Trish! A new season of The Seeker! Finally!

A great NASCAR race, yesterday, and my Cardinals winning.

And the smile that spread across my face when I noticed one of the feral cats sitting by the empty bowl I fill once a day. I couldn't resist, I added a bit more, for which the cat was grateful. I know because it cleaned it.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Judy said...

EEK! Forgot to mention the best thing: My client that went in for stent placement on one side did so well that instead of waiting 2-3 months to do the other side, it will be done in 2 weeks. Thank God.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Trish, good point about being thankful more than one day a year. I think most people are thankful these days to have a roof over their head, etc. There is so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for your great reminder to be thankful. :)

And Yay! for your friend, Judy! That's great news!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Louisa Cornell said...

Good lists, ladies!

I am thankful my revisions are done on The Raven's Heart and it is sitting on my agent's desk!

I am thankful for my CP who keeps me writing and is sometimes a real meany about it.

I am thankful for my pets because the keep me warm and they make me laugh every day. (Ever see an 80 pound dog crashing around his play yard with a bucket stuck on his head? There's a reason his nickname is "The Idiot Brother".)

I am thankful for books by my favorite authors!

I am thankful the great day we had at the Readers Luncheon in Birmingham. Anne Stuart was a great speaker!

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Drink Recipes said...

Thaanks for posting this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]