Thankful for the Little ThingsIsn't it odd how we seem to devote one day a year to being thankful and then forget to give thanks the rest of the year. We all get busy and begin to take things for granted. But sometimes it's nice to slow down and really think about what all we're thankful for on a more regular basis. For example, in just the weekend alone, here are the things I'm thankful for:
1. Warmer-than-normal November weather -- It's been beautiful the past few days, allowing me to get in some yard work and nice walks around the neighborhood. And the longer it stays warm now, the shorter the winter will seem.
2. My laptop -- I do most of my writing on my laptop, and just this weekend alone it's allowed me to finish up a chapter on one book and get a proposal put together for another series to send to my agent.
3. The scent of cinnamon that seems to be in all the stores now, putting me in the mood for the holidays. Same with holiday decorations.
4. Homemade pizza -- Yesterday was the hubby's birthday, and what he wanted was the homemade pizza made from his Mom's recipe. So that's what we had, and it's the best pizza around.
5. My TiVo -- I've said it before, and no doubt I'll say it again, but I love my TiVo. It allows me to record shows I like while I'm working. Then, when I finish up my writing for the day, I can kick back and watch, zipping past all the commercials. This weekend, I've fit in Extreme Makeover Home Edition, two episodes of Heroes, Smallville and the season premiere of The Seeker.
What have you experienced in the past few days that you're thankful for?
Labels: lessons in thanks