site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, November 02, 2009

Giving Thanks


If all thoughts turn to holiday celebrations in December, then surely many turn to Giving Thanks in November. Thanksgiving, officially celebrated in the U.S. at the end of November and in Canada in October, is unofficially celebrated all over the world in many cultures for successful harvests, for the end of long droughts, for surviving an illness, and even for finding or keeping a job in a depressed economy.

Giving Thanks essentially is about finding the good in our lives and being grateful for it. Sometimes that includes roasted turkey, pumpkin pie, a televised parade in NYC, and a tryptophan-induced nap. Sometimes it doesn’t!


Please join the Wet Noodle Posse as we explore the theme of Giving Thanks throughout November. We’ll provide our top ten tips for writing a thank you note, we’ll discuss lessons in thanks, and we’ll share recipes that’ll garner thanks. Feel free to borrow those recipes for your family feast.

4 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Gillian Layne said...

I love November! Thanksgiving is a joy, all about the food and fellowship with none of the present hassles, and the weather's usually wonderful as well. (I like my shapeless snuggle winter clothes.)

I'm thankful you all have kept your blog going; I really enjoy visiting here. :)

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Judy said...

What a perfect topic for me, today. My main client has been hospitalized, needing a stent procedure. Thank goodness for good doctors. This means an unplanned, unpaid vacation. It also means an opportunity to do some serious sorting and cleaning and no excuse not to write. ;-) God willing, I'll be working again in a month or two, and blessedly I have enough saved to be able to make it with only a little tightening of the belt, which isn't a bad thing at all. Things could have been much worse. So, thanks for reminding me to be grateful.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

I'm thankful for Mo for keeping the blog going this year and for all the great visitors.

I agree, Gillian, November is a wonderful month.

Judy, I hope your client is better soon and that everything works out well for you.

Thanks, Mo, for the reminder.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Gillian Layne said...

Judy, bless your heart. I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]