site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, October 05, 2009

Candy Corn Isn't What It Used to Be




When I think of candy corn, I picture the white, yellow and orange striped triangular candy of my childhood. I was amazed to discover this weekend that candy corn has gone gourmet. While at a book signing, I tried crème brulee candy corn, and it prompted me to wonder what other flavors were out there. I found that not only are there many flavors, but there are also triple-sized corn, gummy candy corn, candy corn Dots, and candy corn Hershey Kisses.



Different Flavors of Candy Corn
1. traditional (vanilla)
2. chocolate
3. cinnamon
4. gingerbread
5. peppermint
6. caramel
7. caramel apple
8. crème brulee
9. apple cider
10. blackberry cobbler
11. pumpkin spice
12. raspberry lemonade
13. cherry
14. green apple
15. tangerine

If you like the traditional vanilla flavor but want a more colorful corn for holidays other than Halloween—bunny corn (pastels), cupid corn (pink, white, and red), and reindeer corn (red, white and green) are available.

Are you a candy corn fan? Have you tried any of the alternative flavors? If so, which did you like best?


When not researching different flavors of candy corn, Maureen Hardegree writes for BelleBooks and Bell Bridge. Critters of Mossy Creek is available now. Look for her first paranormal young adult novel Haint Misbehavin' on bookshelves in June 2010.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

I Love candy corn. In fact, I love candy. Period. All candy. Anything sweet will do. :) I have only tried the weird chocolate flavored candy corn and I wasn't too fond of it. Must try them all! :)

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

I like the chocolate kind, but it isn't my favorite candy...not that I'd refuse it or anything.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Cinnamon? A new cinnamon candy? Must launch a search-and-enjoy mission :-).

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Judy said...

I'm not a huge candy corn fan, but I'm definitely a traditionalist. :-)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Kate Diamond said...

It's got to be the traditional stuff. That's the kind my grandpa always had in a bowl by his TV remote control.

I eat that candy for the emotion, not the taste!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Theresa,
Once you try them all, tell us which ones you like best! I haven't heard one bad thing about the creme brulee ones.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Diane,
I'm with you. If it says chocolate, I'll at least give it a try!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Terry,
My favorite cinnamon candies are Hot Tamales. You'll have to get back to us on the cinnamon candy corn.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Judy and Kate,
You might like the creme brulee. Very similar to the traditional, but richer with a buttery taste.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Oooooo that creme brulee does sound tempting.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I love Candy Corn... creme brulee cool!!! Will have to look for it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]