site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, September 04, 2009

Q& A Friday and September New Releases!

My memories of writing when my daughter was a baby are being jogged today as I babysit my nephew Wyatt. I recall sneaking in writing time as my daughter napped. How did I start that first novel? With a notebook and a pen. And when I'm stuck now, I get out paper and pen and free write. I prefer gel pens. There's something about the glide of the ink against the paper that appeals to me.

So how about you? Do you prefer a certain kind of pen for free writing or signing your books? Do you always write with a computer? What's your favorite writing instrument and why?


If you're looking for some great fall reading, check out our Noodler New Releases for September:

MJ Fredrick
Beneath the Surface

Samhain Publishing
September 1, 2009

When past and present meet, secrets lie beneath the surface.

In retrospect, perhaps archaeologist Mallory Reeves shouldn’t have delivered the divorce papers to her estranged husband mere weeks before her marriage to another man. She knew seeing Adrian again would stir up memories, but she didn’t expect so many of them to be good, not after the mess they both made three years ago.

She also didn’t expect to want to stay at the dig site on the Yucatan Peninsula. But the lure of the ancient ship and, yes, her sexy ex provide more of a draw than the white picket fence she thought she wanted.

Marine archaeologist Adrian Reeves has good reason to trust no one. His former partner—and former best friend—made off with his last archaeological find. And his wife left him, frustrated by his obsession for professional revenge.

Now both Mallory and his nemesis have returned, and it can’t be an accident that they’ve turned up in the middle of the most important excavation of his career. Seeing her again unearths old pain—and rekindles never-forgotten desire. Now he has to decide if he can trust Mallory again. More importantly, if he can trust himself with her.

Warning: Smokin’ hot archaeologists, painful memories, breathtaking underwater scenes and a passion that won’t die.


Maureen Hardegree
Critters of Mossy Creek

Book Seven of the Mossy Creek Hometown Series
Belle Books
September 28, 2009

Furry, fishy, four-footed and feathered. Peek inside the lives of the strange and wonderful pets of Mossy Creek and the people who love them.

Springtime brings thoughts of love to people all over the world,
and Creekites are no exception. Although love to Creekites
isn’t necessarily romantic. Take, for example, how they feel
about their pets. Dogs, cats, birds, and fish take center stage as
we once again see how the Southern half lives. Your favorites
are back and in just as much trouble as ever. Amos and Ida
are still circling each other’s wagons. Sandy Crane has a little
Faith. Jayne Reynolds emerges from widowhood to take a
long lingering look at Mossy Creek’s Bubba Rice. Ed Bailey
and his beloved dog Possum, Lil Ida Hamilton, Peggy Caldwell
and others will make you laugh and cry at human and animal
antics. Cat heists. Fish ponds. Bird nappings. Don’t miss the
fun with Critters of Mossy Creek!


Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Judy said...

I love gel pens! I started on computer because my spelling is so awful. I spent more time trying to correct my writing than actually writing. I'm leaning to turn off that internal editor though. Now I use both. I find that getting away from the house with pen and paper can free my mind of everything else I should be doing. But there are other times when the thoughts are coming faster than I can write, and then I much prefer the computer.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Dr. Debra Holland said...

I use to use pen and paper more to start my stories and articles. But now I pretty much stick to the computer. I'm always had a laptop and take it with me.

Want a Mac notebook to put in my purse.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Judy,
Getting away from the house can be a big help to me at times, too!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Dr. Deb,
That's something I'd love to have. Maybe Santa will bring me a laptop!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

I want a little netbook, a teeny laptop that will fit in my purse. My husband has one that we supposedly share, but I've never been on it!

I always write on my laptop, never in pen, but I'm partial to purple gel pens when I critique. I sorta like Sharpie pens, too.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Mo's question is an invitation to let my inner post-grad writing geek out to play: I'm fascinated by the differences in cognitive processes generated by the differences in mediums.

I'm more comfortable composing a first draft on a keyboard, but I can't do my best editing unless I print the pages and grab a brightly colored pen (I own lots of red ones).

My mom composes in pen on yellow legal sheets and then does a first round of edits as she transfers her work onto the computer.

Like Judy, I find that escaping the house can make me more productive, and I suspect that's because I'm not as easily distracted. Working in a hotel room or airport terminal sometimes feels as though I'm working in an office.

Hmmm...maybe I'd be more productive if I worked in an office all the time?

Great Noodler covers this month--look like great reads :-)!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Wow! I love the blurbs for this month's Noodler releases. Can't wait to read both!

Gel pens are always my first choice. I buy four-packs in four colors - blue, red, purple and green. I'm like you, Mo. I love the way they glide over the paper. For the same reason, I used fountain pens long after they fell out of fashion.

Hm. I wonder if fountain pens are still sold. Anyone else old enough to remember having ink-stained fingers?

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I love love love gel pens. The librarian at school buys them and sells them for 50 cents each and I'm her best customer. They only last about 6 pages, though. I carry little notebooks all the time.

I usually compose on the computer, but I love writing with gel pens.

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Janice Lynn said...

Congrats MJ & Maureen on your new releases!!!!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Janice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]