site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Free Falling into September

To sky divers, free falling is what happens when you jump out of the plane and careen towards terra firma before pulling the parachute. To others, free falling is a feeling of letting go—of emotions, of inhibitions, of perceived writing rules. Writers who describe themselves as pantsers tend to free fall into their stories. They let the characters dictate where they want to go.

In September, those kids who haven’t already headed back to school join the rest of the country riding big yellow school buses, groaning over homework, and debating about what outfit to wear. Those of us who parent school-aged children and teens, free fall from the freedom of summer back to the routines dictated by bus schedules, after-school activities, and work deadlines.

Join us this month as noodlers explore the joys and woes of free falling. From a hobby out of control to falling in love, there’s something for everyone.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Hi Mo, what fun! Free falling is exactly what I feel like I am doing right now. My normal routine has suddenly exploded like fireworks all around me. Although I'm not driving kids around for the first time in 29 years (yahoo!) I am taking a spanish class (what was I thinking!?), judging contest entries, exercising, writing (sort of) and feeling like I need to cram a million different things into each day! I'm driving myself crazy. :)

I am looking forward to seeing how other people are free falling into September.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]