site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Falling for Niagara Falls


Canadian Falls


Merrillee here reporting in after a whirlwind trip to Niagara Falls. I knew this would be a perfect topic for our "falling" theme. When our younger daughter told us that a very good friend was getting married in Buffalo, New York, at the end of September, our daughter suggested that we make a family trip to Niagara Falls after the wedding. So we put the plans in motion. My husband and I have never been to Niagara Falls, so this seemed like the perfect trip. I'm going to share some photos I took, but photos can't begin to capture the magnificence. Even the not-so-great weather couldn't dampen the spectacular display.

Mist rising from the Canadian Falls


American Falls


Falls forming a rainbow.


Maid of the Mist tour boat


View of Canadian Falls from the Maid of the Mist

The weather wasn't the greatest, but we managed to dance between the raindrops. The ponchos (glorified garbage bags) that we were given on the Maid of the Mist tour and Journey Behind the Falls served a duel purpose, as we used them to keep dry on the boat ride and walking back to the hotel. We also used them on our tour of Niagara-on-the-Lake and the wineries in the area.

Can you tell us about your favorite water fall?

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Merrillee,
How gorgeous! My favorite picture is with the rainbow. One of my favorite waterfalls is Amicalola Falls in Dawson, Georgia. See http://www.amicalolafalls.com

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Terry Odell said...

Victoria Falls in Africa was great, even if we were there in the 'dry' season (which meant we could see the falls.) It's not one, but many waterfalls. You can see a couple of pictures here

Other memories are of Yosemite, where I worked one summer during college.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Beautiful pictures, Merrillee. I'd love to visit Niagara Falls someday. I'm a big fan of waterfalls of all sizes and shapes. Some of the ones I've thought lovely -- Fall Creek Falls in a state park of the same name in Tennessee, Burgess Falls in a state park of the same name in Tennessee, Hickory Nut Falls in Chimney Rock Park in North Carolina, Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls, Idaho, and the Upper and Lower Falls in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone in Yellowstone National Park.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Mo,
I love Amicalola Falls, too. I had my hero and heroine in HOMECOMING BLESSINGS make a visit to Amicalola.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Terry,
How fantastic that you visited Victoria Falls in Africa. I see you captured a rainbow in one of your photos, too.

I also think the falls in Yosemite are spectacular. We climbed to Vernal Falls along the Mist Trail. We did get a little wet because no ponchos were issued on this trail. The falls were in full force because of the spring melt off.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Trish,
You have seen a lot of waterfalls. The only ones on your list that I've seen are the ones in Yellowstone.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

I have relatives in Buffalo and several years ago when I visited we went to Niagara Falls. It was a rare warm day in winter, but the railings at the viewing points were all caked with ice.

I know we visited when I was a child, but I have no memory of seeing the Falls, just a memory of going there.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Wow, Merrillee--great pictures! Looks like a noisy place :-). I'd love to see Niagara Falls someday--thanks for sharing :-)!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Delle Jacobs said...

Awesome! I think I'll check out Terry's Victoria Falls too.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Great pics, Merrillee! What fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]