site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Three Ways to Unwind Mid-week!

By Diana McCabe

It's Wednesday. That means I'm sort-of-to-the-weekend-but-not-quite-there-yet! So I need a little something fun to keep me going. Here are a few ideas to keep you sane and chilling out!



Get a body-melting massage for $25 an hour

OK -- I have had a zillion massages so I was very skeptical when I ran across this little place called Pure Sole, tucked away in a corner of a shopping mall on Beach Boulevard in Huntington Beach. But, after reading the great reviews, I decided to check it out. It is awesome. Yes -- it's kind of like chair massage but better! You start by placing your feet in a wooden bucket of warm water. Then, you're treated to a wonderful head/neck/shoulder/arm massage. Next -- you lie face down and any other knots, kinks, sore spots on your back, shoulders, legs are worked out. They'll work on your feet, too! I've been several times and I've felt like melted butter after each session. If you don't like a lot of pressure during a massage, let them know. Wear loose and comfy clothing. The best part: On Wednesdays the cash price is $25 for an hour. (On Tuesdays -- if you bring another person -- it's $20.) Check it out at http://www.mypuresole.com/ or read the reviews http://www.yelp.com/biz/pure-sole-huntington-beach


Hydrate healthfully

Yeah, yeah, yeah -- sounds boring but I just bought one of those pitchers that has an "ice stick'' in the middle so it keeps your water nice and cold. I noticed lots of salons have these and they add slices of lime/lemon/orange and cucumber. So, I've been doing that and drinking a lot more water. Love it when it's ice cold. Makes it nice to have around during this heat wave. (I bought mine from Bed, Bath & Beyond for $19.99 (2.5 quarts), but other retailers, such as Target, sell something similar for $9.99.





Read a book and get the author to sign it!


I'd snuggle into bed with BLUE MOON, the latest from New York Times best-selling author Alyson Noel. And then I'd have her sign it Friday at 6 p.m. at the Barnes & Nobel in Orange!







Diana McCabe writes full time for Chapman University. In her spare time, she helps with blog posts for financial columnist Liz Pulliam Weston. And she has her own hobby blog about paranormal romance books, news and author interviews at www.paranormalromance.wordpress.com

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Welcome to the posse, Diana!

The foot massage sounds wonderful.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Norah Wilson said...

Oh, Diana! I can't tell you how totally appealing the idea of one of those reflexology massages is. I'm mentally melting in my chair just thinking about it. (A writer's imagination comes in handy sometimes!) But imagine how much better the real thing would be? Mmmmmmm.

And I think I'm going to go out ASAP and look for one of those water pitchers. Functional and beautiful.

Thanks for joining us! Or at least those of us who didn't go to DC for the RWA national conference.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm another one of the RWA stay-at-homers. Thanks for the reminder to pamper, pamper, pamper.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Dr. Debra Holland said...

Diana,

I'll have to check out the massage place, and buy the water pitcher. So cool!

Thanks for guest blogging for us.

Debra Holland

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]