site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, July 03, 2009

Q&A Friday!

There's nothing like sipping an ice cold beverage on a hot summer day. On this, the eve of Independence Day, I'm trying to decide what ice cold beverage to serve to my guests tomorrow. I've narrowed down my choices to sweet tea and lemonade. Both say summertime to me, but I find the sweet tea more refreshing. For those of you outside the south, the key to good sweet tea is to add the sugar while the tea is hot, so that it completely dissolves. There shouldn't be any sugar visible at the bottom of your pitcher.



If you're looking for a great frozen summer drink, the website for Good Housekeeping has everything from smoothies, to orange cream milkshakes, to Pina Coladas. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food/entertaining/frozen-drink-recipes



So what's your favorite summer drink?


P.S. I'll be sharing a fabulous mojito recipe with you later in the month!






Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I have 2 favorites. I've been drinking a lot of lemonade, but mixed with strawberries or raspberries. The other thing I've been doing (so I don't drink so much Diet Coke) is to slice up oranges or lemons in my huge sun tea jar, then fill it with ice, then with water. So tasty, I'll drink about 5 glasses in the AM.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Judy said...

A chocolate milk shake! Too cold in the winter to truly enjoy it. I hate freeze brain. :-) A healthier version that I really like is a frozen banana (in my little food processor), add a half cup of 1% milk, and chocolate flavored instant breakfast powder. (I use Carnation but have used protein powder.) Once it's smooth, it's still really thick so I add about another half cup to cup of milk. Yummy. For something lighter, I go with strawberry or raspberry lemonade or ice water.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

MJ,
I love the idea of sliced oranges in the sun tea. Sounds delicious!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Judy,
That chocolate banana milkshake sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Louisa Cornell said...

Oooh Judy! A chocolate milkshake! Why did you say that. I see a trip to the Dairy Queen in my very immediate future. My favorite summer drink is Milo's Sweet Tea. However, as I am TRYING to cut back on my sugar intake I have switched ti Milo's Unsweetened Tea, which is still quite good!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Happy Fourth of July!

Judy, you and I must be kindred spirits. I start everyday with a blender smoothie, made with a banana, another fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.), protein powder, plain yogurt, flax oil and milk.

For something a little more elegant, everyone is invited to check out the Iced Tea Sangria recipe I posted on my blog yesterday. So delicious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]