site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, July 06, 2009

The Beach

What says summertime more than the beach? Let's pack our beach bags and head down there right now. I've got my sunscreen, my beach towel, a book by one of the members of the the Wet Noodle Posse, a beach umbrella, my beach chair and a pair of sunglasses. Some of you might want to bring a paddle ball game or a Frisbee or a kite. Let's see what we can find at the beach as we go up over the dunes.



The lifeguards keep a watchful eye on beach goers.



How about a little fishing with poles or nets?





Let's build something in the sand.



Or learn to surf.


Or fly a kite.



Or cover a body board with sand.


Or just relax with a good book in a chair under an umbrella.



These are some images from my favorite beach. Tell us about your favorite beach and the things you like to do there.
Merrillee

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Terry Odell said...

Can't say I've been to the beach in years. I grew up in Los Angeles, and Santa Monica beach was a place I visited from my in utero days (Mom was a beach addict) until we left.

Moving to Miami, and having kids, we tended toward places away from the surf (not that the Atlantic's surf is anything like the Pacific's.)

But it was just too hot and sticky, and after all the effort of packing up and heading for the beach, it would rain.

We bought a house with a pool instead.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Terry,
My daughter was just in Miami for a girls weekend, and she said one day they didn't even go out because it was just too hot and sticky. There have been only a few days when it's been too hot to go to the beach near my home. There always seems to be a nice breeze, and if you're under an umbrella out of the sun, it is perfect. We have a pool, too, but, to me, there is nothing better than sitting with a good book in a beach chair just at the edge of the water.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Terry Odell said...

And to me, there's nothing better than sitting in my comfy chaise in the air conditioning, looking out the window at the wildlife while I read.

If I still lived in southern California, I'd feel differently -- I spent a lot of time outdoors then.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Merrillee,
My favorite beach is any beach along the Florida panhandle (Destin, Blue Mountain, Navarre). I love the white sand and the clear blue-green water. My favorite thing to do is walk along the surf (which is gentle).

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Mo,
I know so many people who love the beaches in the Florida Panhandle. The water is definitely much bluer than the Atlantic. The ocean was very calm the day I took those photos, but I actually like a little wave action.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Oooo! Dribble castles!! I remember making those at Jekyll Island, GA, the summer of '69, if I remember rightly. It's a happy memory. Now, once (soon to be twice) a year, I go to Long Beach with a couple of friends. We eat a restaurant right there on the beach and then go for a leisurely walk, with my shoes off. :-) That shush, shush, shush of the waves in and out is so calming. And the tepid water and soft sand are lovely on my feet.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Judy,
I love to walk on the beach in my bare feet, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]