site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday Q&A!


Although we're focusing on sisters this month, a very important holiday is arriving on Sunday--Mother's Day. As always, I'm stumped about what to do to show my mom my appreciation. It's not like she really needs anything. And ever since I was a kid, when asked about what she wanted for any gift-giving event, her standard answer would be "I just want all of you to get along."


What are some great gifts or ways to show moms our appreciation? And what are you doing for Mother's Day?


I'll be attending Barefoot in the Park in Duluth, Georgia. My daughter's ballet company is dancing, so I'll be helping the girls get into costumes backstage. Here's hoping the thunderstorms in the forecast do not materialize!


Labels:

9 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

I miss the handmade cards my kids made when they were in school. One year my daughter's class made teapot cards with individually wrapped teabags inside. So cute.

Happy Mothers Day to all the other moms out there!

Lee

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Lee,
I miss the handmade items, too!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Terry Odell said...

Having raised 3 kids, I was "MOM" 24/7 for years. My idea of Mother's Day was for hubby to take all 3 away from the house for as long as possible, and then they'd return and fix something for dinner (I ate whatever it was, and simply avoided the kitchen until clean-up was complete.)

Now that they're out of the house, hubby will say, "You're not MY mother," and we'll have a normal Sunday.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Terry,
My hubby says the same thing. We live close to my mother-in-law so we often go out to eat to celebrate Mothers' Day.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Norah Wilson said...

My favorite MD present was from my daughter when she was approx 16. She made a list of 100 reasons why she loved me. I still carry it in my purse. #1? "I love you because you take care of me." #7 "I love you for cleaning my tattoos." #30 "I love you for taking an interest in my interests." #97 "I love you for everything you ever missed out on for me."

Sniff, sniff.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I just ordered flowers for my mom. I think she'll be surprised, which is part of the fun.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms.

Norah, that is so sweet about the list.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Norah, you have a cool daughter.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Norah,
I'd keep that list in my purse, too!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Delle Jacobs said...

I'm the family matriarch now, with my mom gone. And personally I like to get flowers and cards. I have enough things to last two more lifetimes, and I'm not fond of dusting. But I keep cards and sometimes dry the flowers, and they last for years.

I understand that my 13 year old granddaughter vetoed every card on the rack as "lame", so my daughter had to make one.

Tomorrow we're going to see the new Star Trek. Celebrating with Sci Fi movies is sort of traditional for holidays for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]