site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, March 02, 2009

Welcome to March Madness Month


March heralds both spring and the NCAA men’s basketball playoffs. It’s a month chock full of interesting factoids. Julius Caesar was told to beware the Ides of March, which is the halfway mark in the month. He didn’t and was subsequently assassinated in the Roman Senate on that very day. St. Patrick’s Day arrives two days later, on the 17th , where many Americans celebrate with parades, green clothing, and green beer, and (my apologies to those of you who actually like traditional Irish fare) eat the gag-inducing meal of corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes—all boiled.




Please join us for lively discussions about all things Mad and March, from beer to tips on how to do a little spring cleaning to developing characters who are mad.

March may have come in like a lion here in the deep south (five inches of snow where I live in the Hotlanta suburbs), but here’s to hoping it goes out like a lamb!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Karen said...

March came in like a lion here in sunny Florida with very cool temperatures and Winnie-the-Pooh's-Blustery-Day type winds. I think this will be the last day for my warm jacket dress, though. Eighties promised for next weekend.

It's snowing in Kentucky where my brother and sister-in-law live. Guess the groundhog was right!!!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Karen,
I'm looking forward to the coming weekend, too! We're supposed to have warmth--up to the 70's on Saturday.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Laurel Hawkes said...

Oh, how I wish I could share some of this weather as it's supposed to be 90, today! Warm you folks up and cool it down here.
~Judy

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Judy,
This is so unusual for us--not typical in the least. But my daughter isn't complaining--getting a snow day is a rare occurence in Georgia!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Mary Curry said...

10 inches of snow and a snow day here in NYC.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Crazy weather! It was 90 here on Friday, and freezing yesterday and today. Of course, it is still winter, despite what the budding trees say.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

It's lamb-like here in the Pacific Northwest. Yesterday my husband and I went walking in one of our favorite parks while being serenaded by countless tree frogs. Sunny and warm today. Fingers crossed that spring is just around the corner!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Hi Everyone:

March came in like a lion in AL as well, but the worst is gone as far as snow. The rest of the story is all the balls I set down for writing a BIAW and being a tour guide for a week long visitor (ugh}. Now I am completely behind. I wouldn't have known it was my daughter's dance recital picture week THIS WEEK had I not gone through the paperwork at long last on Monday!! But, despite loathing all the catch up work, I know I'll be up and writing/revising soon.

Oh, and a BIG THANK YOU to the WNP for having April Kihlstrom as a guest blogger eons ago. I took her BIAW class and it was well worth it. I got my first draft done for my fourth MS in record time.

Hope you all have a great March!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]