site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, November 28, 2008

Q and A Day - Story Ideas from Thanksgiving???

Today is Q and A Day, the day you can ask us ANYTHING, anything about writing, that is. No way am I telling about......nevermind.

Anyway...We've been talking about writing challenges this month and, to me, coming up with new ideas is always a challenge. It shouldn't be, because story ideas are EVERYWHERE.

So my question to you is, what sort of story idea can you come up with based on your Thanksgiving holiday experience? Not what really happened but some twist based on the experience.

Like a story about a couple who get into an argument before leaving the house to drive to the Thanksgiving Dinner. Husband (as they are leaving): "What were you doing? I wanted to leave two hours ago." Wife: "Two hours ago! Now you tell me..."

Oh. Wait. I said not the REAL experience.

Anyway, you get the idea. What snippet of a story idea did you get from your Thanksgiving? Or what story problem were you secretly stewing about during your Thanksgiving dinner?

And for fun, visit Risky Regencies Scroll down to our Thanksgiving Blog called LOL Regencies (like LOLCats...).

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

I'll start. My nephew who is quite a charmer remarked that he liked women who were smarter than him. That made me think of a rake (I think in terms of Regency England) who has had many conquests but falls in love with a woman smart enough to know a rake is not a good marriage prospect.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Delle Jacobs said...

Hubby bought a used LCD big screen TV. Just the brand he's always wanted. My only condition was it had to fit the TV armoire, which is really the only nice piece of furniture we have, other than two antiques which don't serve any useful function. He measured wrong. He didn't take into account the space needed for the folding doors to retract into the cabinet. I love it for its doors.

Don't anyone tell me there's no conflict in that! But I don't write contemporaries. So how can I turn this conflict into a historical or paranormal historical story?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]