site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, August 02, 2008

While We're Waiting


Tonight's the big night, and I'll be watching the RWA site for the winners of the RITA and Golden Heart. I imagine a lot of you will be waiting too. I finally got a new card reader today which can actually read this brand new 4 gb memory chip, so I can show you a few of my photos. Some of them didn't come out well especially when my camera wouldn't flash for the friends who were taking pics for me. I've doctored them a little, but they are really yellow.

When the re-enactors for the workshops couldn't get a room to change, Judy Laik and I volunteered our room. Here are some of the Victorian costumes going on, later in the day, to wear to the Regency soiree. Beautiful dresses! So why not? We've had 18th century Georgian costumes, including near ringers for Admiral Nelson, so why not mid-Victorian?

Kalen Hughes in the dusky green silk has the most beasutiful trm on her sleeves. I wish you could see it. The strings of pearls I'm hanging around Judy Laik's neck will actually go in her hair.

Bette Nybakken is wearing the most beautiful velvet pelisse over her print dress, and her hat us magnificent.

And here I am with Jennifer Miller.














On Thursday morning, the Wet Noodle Posse gathered for breakfast in the Garden Terrace. Here are a few shots of the group, some of whom, we haven't seen in three years!


Have fun everyone! I'll be competing with you to get online and learn the new winners!

Delle




3 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Such great pictures, Delle! Thanks for sharing!

I can't get the RWA website to load...must be a lot of people trying to see who wins!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Gillian Layne said...

Great pictures, Delle! "Watching" the results on line was so exciting, and yes, it seemed like the site crashed a time or two, but basically all went well.

I think it's wonderful that the timeline was expanded in both the conference and the party.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

We went by what I assume was the Beau Monde dance, and it looked like SO MUCH FUN!

Thanks for posting these!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]