site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So, You're Not in San Francisco....

Well, I'm going to take you on a tour anyway. All you need is your video rental card ;)

Want to see the opera house and ride the hilly streets? Try Foul Play, with Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase. Oh, and he lives on a houseboat and she drives down Highway 1 in her VW, remember?

Photobucket

Or there's the chase in What's Up Doc with Barbra Streisand.

Photobucket


See some of the gorgeous Victorian homes in Mrs. Doubtfire.

Photobucket

Or rent Pacific Heights if you prefer some suspense with your sightseeing.

Photobucket

Didn't make it to Alcatraz? Watch The Rock.

Photobucket

You can even travel in time (those gals at the conference can't do that!) and see San Fran in the 1950s in Vertigo.

Photobucket

Or even earlier in Barbary Coast.

Photobucket

And, okay, it's been awhile since I've seen it, but I think The Presidio has some great scenes of ... I think it's Golden Gate Park. But Mark Harmon, back in his Sexiest Man Alive days....worth the rental.

Photobucket

The Wedding Planner has a scene at Golden Gate Park, too, and Grace Cathedral.

Photobucket

Sweet November with Keanu Reeves has some great scenery as well. And there's San Francisco ;)

Photobucket

What are some movies you love set in the City by the Bay? (Okay, I just put a Journey song in your head, didn't I??)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I got to visit Golden Gate Park and Grace Cathedral today, along with several other sites. I walked by the apartment used in Vertigo (I think that was the movie) and saw the row of Victorians used in the opening credits of Full House.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger -M said...

Best movie ever is So I Married An Axe Murderer. I even took the hubby on a "tour" of it for his bday one year - hit up the coffee shop/poet club, the butcher, the Palace of Fine Arts, etc.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

What great movies, Mary! I didn't realize so many had been filmed there.

Trish, glad you're getting time to sightsee!

Tivo Queen,
I love the birthday tour idea. My husband's favorite movies are probably all Star Trek. If only I could take him to Deep Space Nine! :)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Lily said...

Thanks for the suggestions!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Nathalie said...

I remember liking Sweet November.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]