site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And the Rita Goes To....

When Trish suggested this topic for Conference week, I thought it was a great idea. Then I looked at The List and realized I've only read one.

One.

Photobucket

I loved it, thought Phoebe was a terrific heroine, a balance of toughness and softness that is hard to find in many romantic suspense. The hero (Dylan? Not sure) was playful and determined in his pursuit of her. And there was a scene in the RS plot that left me gaping. I could NOT believe that line was crossed, but WOW did it up the suspense.

I have three more of the finalists in my TBR:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What Rita finalists have you read and loved? Which books do you think might be Rita finalists in 2009?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

I've only read "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Hot." It was MUCHO FUNNO, and way sexy.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Charity Tahmaseb said...

Wow, I'm feeling like a slacker, looking at the list.

I've read High Noon, Girl at Sea, and Wicked Lovely. I have the other YA books on my TBR pile.

I need to get reading.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

I'm predicting another nomination next year in the novel with romantic elements for Karen White's The Memory of Water. My mom loved the book so much that she's going to suggest it to her bookclub. She adored The Color of Light, too!

I've read A Gentle Rain by Deb Smith, too. Her writing is so evocative. And, to tout the small press I write short stories for, I believe this is BelleBooks' first nomination!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I have another Rita nominee, Treasure by Helen Brenna. LOVE the idea behind it.

As for next year, I'm predicting Beth Andrews will be nominated for Not Without Her Family, CJ Lyons for Lifelines, Nora for Blood Brothers, Cindi Myers for her Soldier book, Jill Shalvis for Flashpoint, Esri Rose for Bound to Love Her and Trish Milburn for Firefighter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]