site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, September 10, 2007

Squirreling away

The other day I was looking for something fun to take to a family barbecue, and I remembered Lee's recipe for grilled marinated prawns. There it was, waiting for me in the Wet Noodle Posse's recipe archives.

This afternoon I'll browse through the archives' "warm soups for a cold winter" list. When brittle red leaves begin to drift to the ground beneath my maple tree, I find myself in a warm-and-fuzzy, pumpkin-hued mood, and a bowl of steaming soup seems just the ticket for cooling evenings.

Now that fall is ripening and the holidays are rapidly approaching, I'm delighted I can turn to the Wet Noodle Posse archives for inspiration. There are craft ideas for Halloween, and recipes for Thanksgiving, and decorations for Christmas. There's plenty of good stuff squirreled away there!

What do you look forward to at this time of year? What are some of your favorite fall foods and traditions?

5 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love that first time I step out the door and can sense the humidity is going down--the precursor to fall in Florida. I know that soon the windows will go up and the breezes will allow me to spend quality time in the back porch without frying (or drowning in sweat).

As a child back in Kentucky I had the ability to smell snow. I loved being the first one to know a storm was coming!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Karen--ahhhh, porch time :-). What a wonderful image. And what a relief it must be to know that soon the weather will be more comfortable.

I'm so glad I live in a place where the weather is always relatively mild, although it makes it hard to travel.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I love the time change, the feel of the air, watching for cold fronts, new TV shows, caramel apples and popcorn.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy your view of those maple leaves. I look forward to the temperature finally starting to drop, so I'm able to be outside more, but we're not there yet. The cooler weather is coming when I can go outside at 5:30 in the morning and not wish I could go right back into the house with the A/C. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Though I eat them in the summer, it simply tastes better in the cooler weather.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Mary and Judy, caramel apples and grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup--yes, those say "fall" to me, too :-)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]