site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, August 13, 2007

OMG Falling Stars! Redux

by Bridget Stuart

Meteor shower update:

WOW. Just back from the cliffs by the ocean--well past midnight, and so all you civilized people are in bed, no one I can call to gasp over it --I never saw so many falling stars as I did tonight. Astonishing green and yellow streaks across the sky, like fireworks with a mission.

The wonder and dark romance of my evening was somewhat marred at first, when high schoolers picked a spot near me to hang out, and my Across the Universe-type contemplation was disturbed by a lot of gabbing in which 'fuck' and 'tattoo' were the key words. I moved away from them and got too close to the nice couple who chanted something in an exotic language (I can tell you it wasn't French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Nahuatl or Maya) each time they saw a star fall.

But these folk soon tired of their vigil and left me to it.

Don't let anything stop you, everyone--tomorrow night is supposed to be almost as good as tonight was. GO!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Charity Tahmaseb said...

Sounds so wonderful! It was cloudy here and my son was so disappointed.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger bridget said...

Oh Charity, that is too bad! It is one of those things that give you the long view...a second chance that comes in a year, not a day or a week or a month...and for a kid that's like a lifetime! Try again tonight if it's clear. Hugs.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Is this the Leonid? Joe and I spent the night at a mountain cabin many years ago to see those. It was incredible, and especially nice from a hot tub. No foul-mouthed teens in hearing. Little creeps.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Just did a search... Looks like it's the Aurigids you're watching. Will have to do more research and see if it's something we can watch. We'd have to go outside town, though. Lots of light pollution here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]