site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

The creative quotient

Have you checked out Debra Holland's wine cork place holders in this month's issue of the Wet Noodle Posse e-zine? She shares a fun craft that'll add a touch of class to any table. I'll be saving all the corks at our house--and I'm sure my husband will enjoy opening lots of bottles (and drinking the wine inside) so I'll have plenty of supplies for the project.

What makes crafting so popular? Is it the relaxation to be found in the process? The pause for a creative outlet in a hectic schedule? The clever use of scraps and leftovers? A desire to personalize surroundings? The satisfaction of a job well done when done by hand?

What do you enjoy crafting? What interesting items have you made lately?

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Gillian Layne said...

crafting is a joy, I think, because everyone has something creative in them that longs to escape, whether it be music or sewing or painting or writing!

crafts also make me feel young, and it's a super way to spend time with the kiddos.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

gillian--what wonderful comments :-). I'm looking forward to spending time on some craft projects with my granddaughter when she gets older--I'll bet that will make me feel young, just as you've said :-).

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done quilting, embroidery, needlepoint, photo albums, cooking (yes, I see it as crafting when I'm creative with it). For me, it is actually a barometer of how balanced I'm feeling. I don't take time to create when I'm feeling swamped.

Terry, I read Maybe, Baby this weekend and loved it!! It was so incredibly heart warming. Brava!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]