site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Zen and the Art of Home Maintenance by Trish Morey

I’m a writer. I sit for hours on end in my office (when I’m not checking out the contents of my pantry, that is) tinkering with email, surfing the net, mucking around with various committee stuff. Every now and then I might even manage to type a few words on the old wip. But I’m in my study.

So why is it, that when I do emerge from my cave, my lounge room looks like a bombsite?

Okay, so I admit it. I have four piglets – ahem – four girls who like to spread themselves and their stuff out. And who prefer not to pick it up afterwards. And maybe, just looking around this office (eek) they do take after me.

But how do other writers do it? Or don’t they? And given that, if an effort to clean up is made, pristine conditions last around, ooh, ten minutes. Should I just wait to clean up until the kids leave home? That’s probably only another ten years away. I can hang out in my office till then. Maybe I might even get something else written on my ms.

Now there’s a thought...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Piglet photo thanks to South Dakota State University

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I love the piggy picture. So cute.

I don't have the kiddos to clean up after, but I do tend to have big, massive cleaning sessions in between writing projects -- or when we're going to have company. :)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Trish Morey said...

I think it's amazingly appropriate that the word verification for this post is "Oiokh"

And yes, Trish, isn't being between projects a revelation? How did my house get in this state? Why are there no groceries in the pantry? And what the heck happened to my hair?

Actually,I"m looking forwards to being deep in the next book and not noticing anything. There's something to be said for being focussed:-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]