site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Have a Spa Day at Home


by Lee McKenzie

Anyone who has ever treated herself to a day at the spa knows exactly what a wonderful experience that can be. Many of us can’t afford hundreds of dollars for the spa experience, though, so a spa day at home is the next best thing.

To celebrate the June 12 release of The Man for Maggie, my very first Harlequin American Romance, I’ll be posting some of Maggie’s spa tips on my website. For now I thought I’d give you a sneak peek and share this recipe for a Chocolate Facial Mask.

That’s right! Chocolate for your face!

This decadent mask is actually an excellent moisturizer—it leaves your skin baby soft. Recommended for normal skin.

1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp. heavy cream
2 tsp. cottage cheese
¼ cup honey
3 tsp. oatmeal

Mix all ingredients together (a bullet blender is ideal) and smooth onto face. Relax for ten 10 minutes, then wash off with warm water.

Give a try. It really is as wonderful as it sounds!

Have you treated yourself to a spa day at home? Any tips for us? Ever spent a day at real spa? Let’s hear about it!

Hugs,
Lee
www.leemckenzie.com

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Marin Thomas said...

Hi Lee

I love the chocolate Facial Mask recipe--so much better than the mayonaise masks we used to try as teenagers! My sister is coming to visit for a week in July maybe us girls will give your chocolate mask a try--always more fun to "spa" with a friend.

Congrats on the release of The
Man For Maggie--I really enjoyed the story and highly recommend it!

Marin Thomas
www.marinthomas.com

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, Lee, it almost sounds more like dessert than makings for a facial!

Congratulations on the release of The Man for Maggie. Enjoy!

Sheryll

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lee - since I love chocolate anything, I know I'll love this and best of all it doesn't matter if we lick our lips!

Congrats and big hugs on the release of Man for Maggie, cheers Molly MS

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Marin, enjoy your spa day with your sister. You're right, it's always more fun with a friend!

I agree, Sheryll! Facial? Dessert? Let's do both!

Chocolate-lover Molly, it's all about being good to ourselves. Or else! Enjoy!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes on the release of The Man for Maggie. Had my first actual sighting a bookstore yesterday. It's really real!

Hugs to all,
Lee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]