site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A bichon named Coco Chanel

Hi, Coco Chanel here. No, I'm not a poodle or a raccoon or a panda. I'm a two-year-old bichon, thank you very much.






















Operation Kindness rescued me from a puppy mill, took a photo of me, and placed it in the paper the day after Christmas. Before I could catch my breath over that shock, I was hauled out of my cage and tossed into a car with my new owners, Scott and Sandy, who first took me to the vet's where he declared me sick as a dog (do not get me started on eardrops or the pills they forced down my throat) and then on to a poodle parlor where they had me shaved because no one had thought to brush my coat.

Being two, my not being housebroken or leash trained or anything else for that matter came as a bit of a shock to my new owners, but we're all adjusting. They have gates all over the house, and I'm learning about grass. Better yet, I'm no longer hanging myself on the leash. I still refuse to sit or come when called unless there's food involved, but I have learned where they hide the Milk Bones and know Sandy's lap is the safest place during a thunderstorm.

With any luck, I should have my new owners perfectly trained by Christmas.

~~~
Coco Chanel calls Noodler Sandy Blair's house home.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

My dad has a bichon. Smartest dog I've ever seen.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Coco is tres magnifique!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

I've never seen a bichon. What a cool looking dog! Cute!!!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Norah Wilson said...

Awwww, Sandy, what a cutie. Although she looks like one concerned little customer. She's very lucky to have been adopted by such terrific parents.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

So, this is the infamous Coco :-). What a cutie! I think I'd have trouble disciplining a dog who'd look at me like that, LOL!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Ha! I'm with Terry. That's an awful cute face to have to scold.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Suzanne Ferrell said...

My friend CoCo, I think it will take many days to get your owners trained. Although I've recently heard you are a wonderful sale tool for Ms. Sandy at book signings! It was wonderful of her to realize your true worth, was it not?

By the way have you figured out that Scott is not a stranger or are you still barking at him daily?

Your friend,
Suz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]