site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Let me count the ways

While reading Stef Feagan's fun and fabulous Ten Tips for Rekindling Romance, I began to think about my "romantic" relationship with my husband. The conclusion I reached--again--was the one my husband and I always agree on: we don't have a romantic relationship. We're not romantics, either of us.

Now before you break out the violins, let me explain that we're very happy in our practical little world (and we'll be celebrating our thirtieth wedding anniversary in a few months). Sure, we eat at candlelit tables, but we're usually so caught up in our conversations that we don't notice the atmosphere. If I want flowers, I buy them myself. The last box of candy in our house was a joint purchase made during one of our Napa Valley jaunts, and we agreed it was a pleasant change in the dessert routine.

Stef's ideas were great, though, and I have to admit we practice number ten on her list several times every day. I'm tempted to give one or two of the other items a try. We may not end up feeling any more romantic, but we'll probably have a lot of fun!

4 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Theresa N. said...

If you're to involved talking to each other to notice candle light it sounds like you don't need the book. I would think the book is for the people who don't have anything to talk about. Count yourself as one of the lucky few.
Maybe you should be giving the rest pointers.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Awww, Theresa--you're so sweet! Thank you for your kind comments.

My husband and I were the kind of friends who chat for hours on the phone before we started dating, so maybe that's our secret: we're still good friends who like to visit.

But Stef's ideas sure sound like a lot of fun, don't they?

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Yeah, you guys do sound pretty romantic without all the flowers and stuff. THIRTY YEARS!!! Holy Cow!! I do rememeber you winning that chocolate body stuff at a chapter meeting and you gave it to me to use on my husband! That's not romantic--that's just plain kinky! We enjoyed it very much though. Thanks! :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

I'd forgotten about that chocolate body frosting, Theresa--LOL! I still have the cute little case those kinky prizes came in. It's the case I wanted, not what was inside :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]