site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sleeping in Airports

by Lee McKenzie

Up front I have to confess that I’m not the world’s biggest fan of flying but when I discovered this website, The Budget Traveller’s Guide to Sleeping Airports, I was intrigued.

At this stage in my life I would take a cab to a hotel before sleeping in an airport, but my daughter has spent the night at Vancouver airport. I would have been less concerned if I’d seen this website first. For young people who want to travel on a tight budget, this is a pre-travel must-read, and even if you don’t intend to spend the night at an airport, a delayed flight could alter your plans.

The site ranks the top ten best and worst airports, with the Singapore Changi airport being the perennial top pick. With a swimming pool and chairs with vibrating alarm clocks, I can see why.

The site also provides tips for packing little extras that will make your overnight stay at an airport more comfortable and secure, and an opportunity to share your airport sleeping stories and photos with the rest of the world and to make recommendations for the benefit of other weary travellers.

And if you have itchy feet but you’re not sure where to go, check out the travel articles on the Wet Noodle Posse ezine!

Now I'm curious to know if any of you have spent the night at an airport, either by choice or by circumstance. How was it?

Happy travels!

Lee

PS: this site is hosted by a fellow Canadian, Donna McSherry, hence the spelling of traveller. In case anyone was wondering.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

What an interesting site. I'm shocked by all the ones on the worst list where security expect bribes and people are actually killed, but I guess I shouldn't be. Sad that no U.S. airports made the best list, not that I see the inside of that many airports. :)

Trish, dedicated car traveler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]