site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, December 22, 2006

Are You Ready for Christmas? by Dr. Deb

I can’t believe in two days it’s Christmas Eve. Where has this month gone? I hope everyone reading this blog has their Christmas preparations done. If not, what do you still have to do?

I made it a goal to have everything done by mid-day today. (I don’t have to cook anything so that really lets me off the hook.) I want to relax and enjoy the Christmas spirit for the rest of the weekend. Well, almost relax. Tomorrow my kickboxing instructor has promised a special workout. Instead of an hour composed of kickboxing/aerobics, hitting and kicking the bag, floor work on abs and gluts, and a stretching cool down; she’s adding a half hour and a second instructor. In the extra time she’s going to do dancing--probably salsa, and boot camp. The dancing sounds like fun. The boot camp... But it means guilt free eating for the rest of the weekend. ☺

My family’s German roots mean we have a big celebration on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day is also celebrated. Lots of food and presents on both occasions. I want to arrive at both parties with a calmness of heart, not stressed out, so I can savor every minute with my family.

So what does relaxing and enjoying the spirit of Christmas mean to me? Aside from the nap I know I’ll need after kickboxing class, I want to watch a Christmas movie or two. Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer is at the top of my list.

I’ll have the lights lit on the Christmas trees (one in the living room and one in the family room) and carols playing. I’ll make hot chocolate and curl up on the couch in front of the fireplace. I want to take time to think about all the blessings in my life. And I want to pray for all the underprivileged people who aren’t looking at a beautifully decorated tree with presents piled underneath. I’ll include prayers for the men and women of our armed forces, especially those fighting in Iraq. And finally I’ll visualize sending around the world the ancient Christmas wish, proclaimed by the angels:

PEACE ON EARTH, GOOD WILL TO ALL!

Debra Holland

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Do you mean the Rulolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with puppets???

I love that one. The holiday doesn't really start for me until I've seen it.

Happy holidays to you, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]