site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, October 13, 2006

Trick or Treat?

It's Friday the 13th!! (cue scary music)

Do I look out for black cats? Be careful with my purse so I don't accidentally drop it and smash the mirror in my compact? Do I worry about bad luck or bad things happening today?

Naw, I've got enough other stuff to worry about. Instead, I realize that I'm beat. I've had a hectic couple of weeks what with feeling under the weather, being swamped at work, trying to finish up my latest book and raise 3 kids.

Instead of worrying about Freaky Friday, I decided to nip any bad thoughts in the bud and treat myself today.

I woke up early to write, then at 11:00 I headed out the door to a local salon/spa and had myself a harmonizing facial. Talk about relaxing. Then, on my way home, I stopped at McDonald's and bought myself a Happy Meal (splurge!). Just enough to quench my hankering for junk food, not enough to tip the scales quite yet.

Now I'm back on the computer, ready for an afternoon of writing. Not a bad way to spend a day, Friday the 13th or not.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day. Will you be able to find some time or some way to treat yourself?

If not, here's to a better tomorrow. If only I could go back and get another facial. :-)

Hugs,
Pris

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Tori Scott said...

Sounds like a relaxing day, Pris. Glad you're taking care of you.

We had the best Friday the 13th ever. Went to the State Fair. No traffic, beautiful weather, no huge crowds. Took a nap on the couch after we got home. Just a perfect day all around.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger bridget said...

I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th! No one said a thing. I thought on those days in October, a notice came home from the school to have all the kids dress in black or something. (wink)

p.s. blogger's been bad today. I tried three times to post a comment and couldn't get in

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

I treated myself to lunch with a friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]