site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Falling for Fall

It's Fall according to the calendar and the weatherman, but, truthfully, I wasn't convinced they were right until I stepped outside this morning and felt the absense of the usual Florida humidity.

The air conditioning's still running, true, but I feel open-window days approaching. Walking in the evening days, reading on the porch days, dead-heading the mums days. School days. Holidays.

It seems that time is moving ahead at warp speed. It will be the new year before we know it.

Let's take a moment to appreciate today, whatever the temperature or humidity where you call home.

Step outside and take a deep breath. I think I will...

4 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Some of the Bradford Pears are turning red here in Georgia. My chrysanthemums are blooming, too!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I like fall as long as it's not cold. Once it gets cold, I'm ready for spring.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Charity Tahmaseb said...

Fall's in full swing here in Minnesota. The trees are simply lovely. I love this time of year.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Prisakiss said...

This week, the weather in our area fluctuated from 95 one day to 64 the next.

While I enjoy fall-- the colors, the cool breeze-- I have to say that when it arrives, I'm not always happy.

You see, fall weather means that soon winter weather will arrive. Cold mornings, ice on the windshield, slippery sidewalks, feeling so cold I'm shivering on the inside. UGH. :-/

Florida girl that I am, midwestern winters leave me longing for sunny, hot, humid beach weather.

But for now, I'll take a moment to sit on our back porch and enjoy the cooler weather. When I do, I'll think of you, Karen, and the rest of my Posse sisters.

Hugs,
Pris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]