site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2006

On the road again

I'm sitting in a hotel room on this beautiful Sunday morning, energized by a breakfast I didn't have to cook for myself. Soon I'll head out to enjoy some big city shopping before hitting the highway for the long drive home. Ahhh...my favorite music in the CD player, miles of great views, and my own thoughts for company.

I love to travel. I was never one of those whiny kids in the back seat who are constantly asking, "Are we there yet?" Staring out the windows at a different part of the world kept me entertained for hours. Different scenery and architecture, different accents and languages, different scents and foods--anything different always seems a touch magical, exotic, tempting.

Do you like to travel? What aspects of your journeys do you enjoy the most? What are your favorite destinations? I'll have to check them out.

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I love to travel. I love long car trips where I'm seeing either favorite spots (like Yellowstone) or new places I've never seen before. I love visiting national parks and am particularly fond of the West, especially Montana, Wyoming and the desert Southwest.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I envy you the time alone with your thoughts.

My two favorite destinations are Kentucky and Scotland. Surprisingly alike in their green rolling hills. But, the people! The difference is like whip-lash!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Tori Scott said...

I never get to travel more than two hours from home anymore (to my daughter's house), but back when we did travel a bit, I used to love going to the Ozarks (Eureka Springs), the Smokies, the Pennsylvania Dutch country. So beautiful and peaceful.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

I never asked, "Are we there yet?" either, because as soon as the car started, I fell asleep. My folks took a LOT of car trips when I was a kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]