site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Love Letter to the Posse

by Ila Campbell

I gotta tell you I’m a little worried about starting back up at school next week and getting back at my normal life. It’s not that I’ll have reduced time to write. That’s normal. I’m used to that.

What it is going to be, is a let-down. I gotta tell you that this summer vacation was pretty much as good as it gets. And I can pretty much credit that to the Wet Noodle Posse.

This summer’s RWA conference, I have to say, was the best I’ve ever attended. This year I didn’t witness any scandals, in-fights, nasty behavior or any general unpleasantness at all. Everyone from the hotel staff at the Mariott Marquis on up the President and Board of the RWA were gracious, patient, hard-working and hospitable.

But for me, personally, it was the Posse that went above and beyond in the supportive group. This group of women are absolutely the most morale-boosting influence I’ve ever had the privilege to encounter. The bracelets we made up for each other, the cheers out at the awards ceremony, the champagne celebration we had – they were all just trappings for the bond that was so obvious.

That good-vibe buzz continued during the three weeks I spent with my folks – away from the distraction of husband and kids. I was buoyed by the Posse enthusiasm and wrote like a madwoman (compared to my normal).

I’m home now, and I have my bracelet hung up next to the computer. It has three Chinese symbols on it – Love, Friend and Power – because that is what this group means to me. My biggest worry as this semester starts is not that the distractions of work and family will reduce my productivity, but that the Posse buzz is going to wear off.

I love you guys. It’s comforting to know that no matter how stressed out I get, you guys are only an email or phone call away.

I love you guys!

8 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Diane Perkins said...

Awwww, Jennifer. I feel the same way about the Posse. I feel like it was magic that we were brought together.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger MaryF said...

Back atcha, Jenn! It was a blast!!! I grinned for days. And I've been wearing my bracelet for days.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Thanks, Jenn. Seeing you was one of the highlights of the conference. Cheering for you at the GH ceremony was the best! Add a "sister" bubble to your bracelet. We'll never let you go, no matter how far you travel.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I couldn't agree more.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Kiki, aka Esri said...

I love you too! You are such a fun roommate. I LOVE seeing everyone in person. Being on the loop has become problematic for me because reading about the ups and downs of the publishing industry makes me all angsty and puts a damper on my writing buzz. Not sure how to get around that...

But I think about you all, every day.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Tempest Knight said...

It's always good to have a support group. And what a better way that a group of your best friends! *g*

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Prisakiss said...

Jennifer, may the power of the Posse's good vibes keep you going until next year!

You're right, this year's conference was the best! In large part because the Posse members who were able to attend showed such support and love for each other.

Hugs,
Pris

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Janice Lynn said...

Ooooh. Somebody tell on Jennifer cause she made me cry!!! Okay, so it's in a good way, but that's beside the point. ;)

The Posse is absolutely amazing & such wonderful giving women. I can not imagine my life without you ladies! I adore my bracelet and wear it with pride. The best part of my Golden Heart final was meeting the Posse.

Wet Noodle Posse forever!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]