site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Let the Celebration Continue

I didn’t think my week could get any better after getting home from the RWA national conference, returning to work to find out our budget request will likely be approved in late September and attending the kick-off the Osceola County Library System’s month of workshops on how to write romance.

As I unlocked my front door I could hear the phone ringing. I didn’t even think about letting the answering machine get the call. I pushed through to the living room, catching the sleeve of my dress on the metal wreath on the door. After struggling free, I made it into the kitchen, only to snag my skirt on a set of hangers that I’d taken to Atlanta and hadn’t put back in the closet yet. They clattered to the floor, scaring at least two lives off Max, who was waiting for his dinner.

When I grabbed the phone I realized the answering machine had beat me to it. I yelled “hold on” to the caller, and we both listened as my recorded voice informed her how important her call is to me.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you’re thinking. Get to the point.

The point is that the caller was from Georgia Romance Writers and she was letting me know that my book, Daddy in Waiting, finaled in the traditional category of the published Maggies.

I said “that’s wonderful” and “that’s so exciting” about a dozen times and thanked the woman profusely, then hung up and danced around the house, screaming “yes!, yes!, yes!”

Do I know how to party or not?

At my chapter meeting today I found out CFRW has not just one, but three Maggie finalists! Yep, life keeps getting better and better.

Feel free to party with me!

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Congrats again, Karen. The Maggies are a big deal.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Tori Scott said...

Congrats Karen!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]