site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

And the Winner Is.....

Pardon me for butting in when it is not my day, but I knew our readers were chewing their nails waiting to discover the WINNER.

Not of the RITA or the GH or any of those other contests announced at the RWA conference, but the winning outfit! Which did Diane pick to wear to the Awards Ceremony, the perfect little black dress or the interesting pants outfit????

Here it the winner:

Of course, when my friend and presenter, Sophia Nash, called my name, my button popped on the pants. And as I was crawling over Lavinia Klein (double 2006 GH finalist in Long Historical)reaching her husband, I realized my zipper unzipped and my lovely flowy pants were falling down. So inches from Lavinia's husband's eyes, I cried, "My pants are falling down!" and I zipped back up in a hurry. So all through my walk onto the stage and during my speech, half of me was thinking, "I hope the zipper stays zipped."
It could have been a memorable RITA/GH moment!
Cheers!
Diane

5 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

LOL, Diane! We saw you paused there in the middle of your aisle!

When I got in on Wednesday, I had an hour before lunch with my agent. I slipped on my Liz Claiborne dress that had gotten a bit snug since I bought it. It split right down the center! I was able to pin it closed, but the whole time we were at dinner, I was very aware of the safety pin keeping me decent!

Loose jeans - what a concept, Stef!!!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

I agree, Mary. Who ever heard of LOOSE jeans! And, Stef, unlike that pair of jeans one buys because they fit perfectly--until the first wash--I'll wager these won't shrink at all!

And Mary, you looked fab at the lunch. No one would have known you were held together by safety pins.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Stef, I can't relate to buying jeans bigger - I don't think they MAKE bigger for me ;)

Diane, aw, thanks!

The good thing about the safety pin is that it had been on the dress from the cleaners....otherwise I wouldn't have had one!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

I love that you *announced* that your pants were falling down.

You looked lovely up there. Big congratulations, yet again!

Esri

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Colleen Gleason said...

SO funny, Diane; yet you looked gorgeous and composed and elegant!

Congrats again. We love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]