site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, July 21, 2006

And I'd Like to Thank....

One more week till National. My third time as a Golden Heart finalist. I won’t probably be nervous till Lorelle goes up on stage and starts announcing the single title nominees.

And…just in case…I’ve written a speech. Since you probably won’t hear it Saturday, here it is.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!

Okay, no, not really.

I only have a minute, right, so, better get it all in. Who cares if anyone understands me.

First, I have to thank my husband and my son, who put up with so much, glazed eyes, zombie-like behavior, plotting over Sunday breakfasts, hogging of the computer, yelling when the TV is too loud and I’m working on revisions.

My grandmother, Gigi, who died when I was coming home from National in Dallas, who read all my books except this one and told me I’d be the next Nora.

My agent Emily, for being my enthusiastic cheerleader, and wanting me to get the very best story out there.

My dear friends Trish and JoAnn who believe in me so absolutely.

The Adventure Girls, my critique group, who got this story off on the right start.

The Wet Noodle Posse, who always listen when I cry, who celebrate when I celebrate, who are truly my sisters of the heart.

Sub Care, for being amazingly supportive to me for YEARS of rejections.

The Hive, who kicks my butt regularly. I love them to death, and I know I can always go to them for the truth.

My chapter SARA, for their endless support of me, the oldest SARA virgin (Not you anymore, Mara!)

My blogosphere buddies, always there when I need to vent. Which is a lot.

Susan Litman. Even though I’m not targeting Silhouette anymore, there are days when the only thing that kept me going was your encouraging words.

And Gerard Butler for inspiring such a sexy damn hero.

(I forgot someone, didn't I? Please tell me if I forgot someone.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

woo hoo!!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Hey, you found a way to work in Gerry! Way to go. I'm holding you to this speech, Mary!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Nice! I want to hear it in person.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Polly Jean!

Diane, you bet I worked in Gerry. Del is Gerry head to toe.

Thanks for the confidence, Stef and Esri! Al dente, though - ouch!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Love your speech, Mary! I hope you get to go up there on stage and give it your best! You deserve it. Best of luck.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I think I'm going to cry! I can't wait to hear it in person, that is if you're not deaf from me screaming in your ear when you win. :)

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Theresa and Trish!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

I can't wait to hear this speech!!!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Jill!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]