site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

Long Live Love

My parents, Max and Rosemary, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last Friday and I just want to say how proud I am of them.

Here they are on their wedding day way back on the 23rd June, 1956, together with best man Geoff (Max's brother) and bridesmaid Audrey. Don't they look gorgeous?

Sadly Geoff passed away a few years ago, but Audrey joined the family of for a slap up dinner to celebrate the big event. And it was a big event. 50 years together is something pretty special.

With Mum and Dad for inspiration, is it any wonder I write romance? I think not. You just can't beat a happy ending.

Congratulations Mum and Dad, here's to the next 50!

5 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Diane Perkins said...

How romantic, Trish. And what an achievement for your parents. Fifty years!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

How sweet. I remember when my grandparents had their 50th anniversary party.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Tori Scott said...

Trish, that's great that your parents have been together for 50 years. My dad died 6 months shy of my parents' 50th anniversary, but my in-laws made it to 56 years before my father-in-law passed away. It's wonderful to see people hanging in there all the way to the happily ever after.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Serena said...

How wonderful, Trish! 50 years is such a HUGE milestone - you must be so proud. And your mum and dad looked just gorgeous. Here's to their next 50!
Hugs

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Diane and Trish! And Tori, you're so right how wonderful it is to see people last the distance. How sad your dad didn't quite make it, but I reckon 49 years and 6 months is pretty stellar as well.

Hi Serena! How great to see you here.

Trish Morey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]