site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Letting It Go

Ila Campbell

Well, I'm just getting off a bad semester (bad as in too busy to write anything I want), a bad week (migraine-level headaches) and a bad day (PMSing). Tomorrow, Thursday, as of 11:30 am, however, I am free until Monday. No work for the office, no desperately needed errands, no health problems (I'm really, really hoping). I start writing again tomorrow, with a goal of adding very fast pages to my work in progress. To do that, I'm going to have to let go of all the doubts about whether I can get back into the groove. Doubts that the manuscript currently being shopped will be snapped up by an editor. Worries that I'm going to get to the RWA conference in July and feel like a fraud because I haven't been writing for months and months.

So, I'm taking a deep breath and letting it all go. Tomorrow at 11:30 I will become an amnesiac of all that has (not) happened in the last six months and just WRITE.

I'm going to just let it go.....

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Jen,
I need to learn how to let it go. I'd probably sleep better. Hey, and you'd best not feel like a fraud. YOU ARE A GOLDEN HEART FINALIST! We're rooting for you to win your category and SELL the book.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Jennifer Smith/Ila Campbell said...

Thanks Mo!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Yes, let it go!!!! No more doubts. They just waste time. :)

You're an incredible writer!

Theresa

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Diane Perkins said...

Remember, we do this because we enjoy it! Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]