site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Posse Rides Again

by Lee McKenzie

Two months ago, while on my way to meet a friend, I stopped at red light . . . and the next thing I knew I was in the back of an ambulance. Someone had rear-ended me. I was driving my husband’s truck and the impact caused the seat and my head to snap back and smash the back window out of the cab. Now, after many sessions with my doctor and physiotherapist and massage therapist, I’ve started to regain the mobility in my neck and shoulders. I feel as though the fog has lifted and I have more energy to do the things I’ve always taken for granted.

What I discovered these past weeks was that any time I’ve tried to overdo things, my body fought back and I ended up in bed with Ibuprofen and an ice pack. I finally had to acknowledge that I couldn’t spend hours at the computer, weed the flower beds or tear through the house with vacuum cleaner. And it was when I accepted those limitations and indulged myself with a stack of good books and DVDs that I really started to heal.

So what has this experience taught me? Always follow the Wet Noodle Posse’s advice. Be good to yourself, or else!

6 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Tori Scott said...

((((((((Lee)))))))) I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Absolutely, take care of yourself or the Posse will show up at your door. (And 30 wet noodle lashes for not letting us know sooner.)

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Lee! You poor thing! I'm SO sorry you had to go through that.

I guess this is a lesson to the rest of us to take better care of ourselves by working some preventative reading and DVD'ing into our schedules.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger bridget said...

Oh Lee, I didn't know this happened! I'm so sorry, and I'm sending you healing vibes and a lot of good wishes

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Lee,

So glad you're on the mend. Way to go on taking that WNP advice. Many gentle hugs to you.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

How scary, Lee! I'm so glad you are on the mend and not going to need those Noodle lashes!
Diane

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I'm sorry about your accident, but I'm so glad it wasn't worse. I'm glad you're on the mend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]