site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, April 24, 2006

Week for Success

Week for Success - by Dani Collins

I'm doing this blog on the fly, and wouldn't you know I just lost ten minutes of much needed blog-writing time by reading all the comments on Debra's blog from yesterday. Now I can't wait to go to the mailbox today. Not ;)

Anyway, one of the reasons I'm not prepared to blog today is because I spent last week trying to focus on my writing, as opposed to, oh, house repairs, gardening, taking children to playdates, baseball, Tae Kwon Do, etc. You all know what it's like.

So I signed up for something our chapter calls WWC. We've been doing it so long we've forgotten what the WWC stands for. Something like Weekly Writing Challenge, except it doesn't happen every week, just when someone wants a boost to their writing output and goes on the loop and says, "I'm hosting a WWC. Who's with me?" Then a bunch of us will clear the decks and put up some casseroles and set some goals and immerse ourselves for a week in whatever goals we've chosen.

Mine was simply to focus on writing again, as opposed to all that stuff I already mentioned. And somewhere along the way, I was emailing the WWC hostess and we wound up accidentally calling it our Week For Success. Happy Accident. How great does that sound?

I mean, it encompasses so much more than simply meeting a writing goal or two. Suddenly, managing to write AND get a few seeds into the garden makes me feel like a success. The word Success suggests so much more energy and accomplishment than 'Challenge' doesn't it? Shoot, I know that writing around Real Life is a challenge. What I need is to get to the end of a week and feel like The Queen Of All Things.

Which is how I want to start my week, too, so I'm declaring this week a Week For Success for myself (and you at home, if you care to play along.) I'm starting with considering this blog, which I managed to write on my blog day, which is an accomplishment in itself because I have a brain like a seive, a hugely successful start to my week.

Look at that, I'm a success already. I could go back to bed now, if I wanted ;)
Dani

3 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Great idea, Dani. Good luck with your successful week.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Way to go, Dani!
Diane

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger bridget said...

Dani, I tried to post a comment yesterday but blogger was down! I'll see if I can reconstruct and repost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]