site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It’s a Library Thing

by Charity Tahmaseb

It was just what I didn’t need: a way to spend more time on the internet. Oh, sure, it looks innocent enough, scholarly even. I mean, anything to do with books can’t be a bad thing, can it?

Oh, it can. What is this new internet temptress? I give you:

Library Thing

I’ve wanted to start a database to catalog my books for a long time now. Thought about using an Excel spreadsheet or Microsoft Access. Then I discovered Library Thing.

This way is much, much more fun. And I can’t seem to stop with just myself (my library, a work in progress, I’ve been cataloging books in my direct line of sight). So far, I’ve created a library thing for Wet Noodle Posse books and one for my local Sisters in Crime chapter for Minnesota Mystery Authors.

You can establish a free account and add up to 200 books, or take the plunge (like I did) and buy a lifetime membership and add as many books as you like. Either way, it’s a scholarly pursuit.

It’s a Library Thing.

4 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Very cool, Charity! It's great to see the Noodler books there.

And I can see you're making good use of your time these days (wink).

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger bridget said...

"a scholarly pursuit", heh heh. Good one, Charity. I'm going to pursue some more scholars right now. I mean, use the internet responsibly.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Is it really worth it? I get so frustrated when I am looking for a book and just to realize that I gave it away. I want to know what I have now. Thanks, I shall go check the site out.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

This is so cool, Charity. I'm going to mention the WNP Library Thing on my blog.

If I were to make one for my books, it'd take FOREVER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]