site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The wedding planner

My daughter is getting married in May, and she came to visit this weekend so she could have a fitting for her wedding gown. She loves her dress, and I do, too. It is simple but elegant.

Since she lives in Pittsburgh and the wedding is going to be here, I get to be the wedding planner. Thankfully she is having a small wedding. Just the immediate family and a few close friends.

So far I've found a photogragher and I've rented a tent, tables and chairs for the reception we plan to have in our yard and around the pool. We are praying that it doesn't rain because they plan to get married on the beach. We're having a beach theme with shells everywhere. On the tables and on the cake. Today we ordered the wedding cake and the groom's cake. The groom had never heard of a groom's cake. When I saw the chocolate cake covered in chocolate covered strawberries, I knew we would have that cake no matter what the groom said. I can taste it now. Tomorrow we meet with the caterer to finalize the menu for the buffet. We have to make sure we have enough choices for the vegetarians in the crowd.

Her father is making an arbor that we will carry to the beach the day of the wedding. After the wedding we plan to use it in our yard. Her uncle is going to perform the ceremony. Her sister will be the maid of honor. I still have to order the flowers and find someone to play a guitar or violin for the ceremony. We have music to download onto our computer for the reception. I even have my dress for the wedding. My daugher found the invitations on the internet. She has most of them addressed and ready to send.

As I type this, I keep wondering what last minute details I'll be fretting over in the next few weeks. Even though I'm doing the planning and the wedding is small, it will still cost more than I really want to pay. I can't imagine the weddings that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We have one more daughter. I hope she wants a small wedding, too, because now I can say I'm an experienced wedding planner.

Merrillee, who just hopes she knows what she's doing and that the day will be perfect without rain

5 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I hope the day is perfect, Merrillee! My wedding was small, too, and if I could do it over again, it would be smaller. Good luck with all the details!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

This sounds love, Merrillee! And the groom's cake -- YUMMY!!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Shoulda been "lovely." You probably guessed that.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Oh, it sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. Here's to sunny weather!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

It sounds wonderful, Merrillee. And I can't think of a nicer thing for a mommy to do than help her daughter with her wedding!
Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]