site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bring on the RITAs and Golden Hearts!

RITA scoresheets are due back to RWA today. That means we are one step closer to celebrating a new year of excellence in romance. For anyone who isn't familiar with the RITAs, Golden Hearts or RWA, the RITA contest is the published national contest of the Romance Writers of America (RWA). The Golden Heart contest is the sister contest for unpublished writers that the Wet Noodle Posse was a part of in 2003. :) The RITA awards are like the Hugo awards (science fiction) or Edgar awards (mystery), but for the romance genre instead.

I read a lot of great books for the RITAs this year, and am really looking forward to seeing some of them final. If you are interested in a good read, try one of the finalists or winners from last year. Or even better, our own Sandy Blair was a finalist with A Man In A Kilt! If you haven't had a chance to read A Man In A Kilt, it's fabulous!





Anyone else find a good book/manuscript or three while judging this year? Judging can be so exciting when there are a lot of gems!

7 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I judged the Golden Heart and had three decent entries. Will you be one biting your nails on the 24th, Anne?

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Anne Mallory said...

I won't be nail biting for me, but I will be nail biting for the other Noodlers. Hopefully we have lots of Noodlers to cheer for in Atlanta!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger bridget said...

I didn't enter the Golden Heart this year, and they didn't send me any entries to judge, so I'm waaay out of the loop!

But I'll be sending vibes for all the others who did--it's such a wonderful experience, and I wish everyone could feel the rush of getting the GH call. I mean that sincerely (sniffs, dabs at eyes with a hankie).

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Bridget, why didn't you enter? Anne, you either? Don't feel like being stressed out this time of year ;) ?

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

I didn't find any books I loved when I judged the Rita. They weren't bad, but weren't wonderful. Only one was awful.

I have two books entered in the Rita. I'm sure I'll be biting my fingernails on March 24!

Diane

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I was spoiled by the entries I judged in the GH last year. Three or four of them finaled. This year, I can't imagine any of them finaling. A couple rated on the top half of the scale, but most were middle-of-the-road of below.

I'll be biting my nails (while driving down the interstate) on the 24th. I've got 4 entries in the GH. I hope the Noodlers have loads of finalists.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I had three entries that could final this year, I think.

Good luck, Diane and Trish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]