site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's all about the love

Love. We write about it, sing its’ praises. Hope for it. Share it. Hoard it. Mourn it when it’s gone.

For a romance writer there is no greater celebration of the love between two people than a wedding. If you want to see love in its’ purest form, get thee to the chapel.

My niece, Jennifer, was married yesterday, to Jason Denny, the love of her life, in a beautiful lakeside ceremony in Orlando.

It had been raining steadily for two days straight all across Central Florida (it rained so hard in Tampa, about an hour and a half away, that the roof of a Bed Bath and Beyond store collapsed). The wedding was scheduled for 4:30. The skies were cloudy and dreary. The guests were arriving, some with umbrellas in hand.

The sun came out at 4:06.

Apparently, love does conquer all!

As you might expect, the wedding ceremony was beautiful, the bride, breathtaking, the party that followed, a blow-out. I went stag, but I absolutely refused to miss out on the dance floor fun. I danced with my brother, my sister, my nephew and the bride. I cried when my brother toasted the couple’s happiness, saying how happy he and my sister-in-law were to welcome Jason into our family. Everyone got misty-eyed when Jason toasted Jennifer, his new bride, and thanked her for being his friend and confidant as well as his wife.

Here’s my toast: Jennifer, I have loved you since the first moment I saw you, swaddled in the nursery on the day you were born. I have watched you grow from a busy toddler to a beautiful woman who gives love to everyone around her. I pray you are blessed with happiness and light and love—in all weathers. Jason, welcome to the family. You’re a keeper.

All my love,

Your proud Aunt Karen

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger bridget said...

Oh, Karen, you're a keeper, too! What a beautiful love letter to your niece and her new husband.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

That's so sweet, Karen. I'm glad the weather cooperated.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Karen,
What a great aunt you are.
One of the most important persons in my life was an aunt of mine. She never married and she lived with us when we were growing up. She was the lively one, who would really do just about anything for fun!
Bet your niece has lots of nice things to say about you too!
Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]