site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, January 13, 2006

Are you feeling lucky?

It's Friday the 13th. Are you feeling lucky today?

If you ask my oldest daughter, who happens to be on her way to a weekend school retreat, who knows what answer you'll get. It should be a weekend of fun, learning and friends. I'd feel pretty lucky. Of course, she packed a bag with jeans and sweatshirts, walked out the door this morning in a long-sleeve t-shirt and slacks, and left her winter coat in the closet. It was 40 degrees and cloudy this morning. Now it's 32 degrees and we've got 2 inches of snow on the ground. Naturally here I am, worrying if my baby is freezing her tushie on her trip. Praying they're having lots of indoor activities.

If you ask my middle daughter, who performed at the high school pep rally today, then celebrated with Cold Stone ice cream with mom, she'd probably say she's feeling lucky. Yes, we ate ice cream even though it's snowing. When you love sweets like we do, nothing stands in your way. Not even the latest diet you keep saying you'll start. Tomorrow. :-) She's packing now for a weekend church retreat she's been looking forward to since mid-December. Sharing a weekend of special moments with friends and having the quiet time to think and grow closer with her faith sounds like a winning weekend to me. I'd say she's lucky.

If you ask my youngest, currently outside sledding with the neighbors and planning on staying the night with a friend, today's a pretty good day. There's no school tomorrow.

My husband, on his way home from a weeklong business trip, will probably think his day is ending fairly well when he finds out all three of the kids are out for the night so we have the house to ourselves. I imagine his mind will fill with visions of an evening of romance and... well, you know.

Me? I'm hoping everyone gets to where they're supposed to be safely, especially with the snowy roads. Thirty minutes of quiet relaxation on the couch sounds pretty good. Add a glass of wine or a Lite Mike's hard lemonade and it's looking really good. Throw in my hubby and a fire...WOW... I'm feelin' lucky. :-)

I hope you're day's been a great one. If not, take heart, it's not over yet. The evening is still young. Heck, if you're out on the west coast, it's still mid-afternoon. Even if you haven't had the best of days, take a deep breath, look yourself in the mirror and smile. You're a Wet Noodle Posse member or friend, and you're loved!

Hugs,
Pris

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Stay safe on those snowy roads -- and just keep the snow up there, will ya? :)

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger bridget said...

Have a wonderful, "lucky" evening with the dh tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]