site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, December 30, 2005

What to write about on December 30? By Trish Morey

While most of you are freezing Upover, battling snow, blizzards and sleet, Downunder we’re sizzling. After a slow, slow start to summer and a gorgeous mid 20’s C Christmas Day, summer has suddenly kicked in with a vengeance. Today it’s been 40.5C in good old Adelaide, capital of South Oz, maybe a couple of degrees *cooler* in the hills, certainly not much. Tomorrow we’re expecting 38C before a late, stormy change.

So this is Christmas season downunder, or at least, the quiet catch up week between Christmas and New Year that you wish would go forever, the catch your breath week between the frantic pre Xmas rush of the old year and the breathtaking promise of the new. It’s like the pause button on the DVD control. And despite the heat, I love this week!

All of which is a very long winded way of saying I haven’t got a clue what to write about today. Can it only be a month since the last 30th?? And no, I’m not going to bore you with a blow by blow account of my first month at Curves. Suffice to say, I’m pleased with the progress, desperately sad they close for an entire 10 days at this time of the year, and very reluctant to have my first measurement check when I go back after Xmas and their closure (how mean is that??)

And I’m not going to talk about resolutions. Heck, I’m no good at resolutions. New year’s day doesn’t do it for me. I must have resolved to give up smoking a brazillion times before I actually managed to and that was only because I drank so much *seemingly* gorgeous schnapps at an Oktoberfest so many years ago that I wanted to die the next day and smoking was the furthest thing from my mind. Quite frankly, overdoing the schnapps could be a registered method of cutting out the fags! Okay, so it may not be recommended, but it cured me of both the fags and the schnapps – what a deal!

So no, no resolutions from me, no pontificating (much against my nature, I assure you) and no moralizing. Simply a wish that your new year brings the things you’ve been striving for, the goals, the health, the happiness and the wealth, however measured.

Have a wonderful new year everyone, wherever you are!!

4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger MaryF said...

I love this week, too, and it's darn near as hot in Texas as it is there - 85 F expected today.

This week is like the deep breath before the new year. My dh is on vacation, so we've been lazing around, no schedule, only worrying about WHERE to eat today, reading, playing on computer, watching videos - heaven!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

It must be the week where all hubbies are home from work. :) Well, it's not 85 here, but that sounds mighty nice.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger MaryF said...

I have the AIR CONDITIONER on. The AIR CONDITIONER! I was supposed to get a new heater this week, but my brother, the AIR CONDITIONER guy, is busy fixing other people's AIR CONDITIONERS! It's almost JANUARY. Last week it was 58!

I miss winter.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

The measure you?!

Oh, my - I'd hate that!!!

But, I'm excited that you are liking the results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]