site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Merrillee's Musing Part II

You will notice I have a blog dated December 13. My blog day is December 14. As I mentioned in the previous blog, my computer skills are sometimes lacking. I thought I was posting that blog just past midnight last night so imagine my surprise when it posted at 9:26 PM December 13 instead of 12:26 AM December 14. Now how did that happen? Next month I will start here at the blog site rather than in my Word program that promised me I could compose there and transfer to the blog. It didn't happen. I had to retype the whole thing. I couldn't even copy and paste. Sometimes I think a little computer knowledge is a dangerous thing. I actually think I know what I'm doing when I don't.

In other computer related stories, my husband had a computer crash when we returned from our Thanksgiving visit to Baltimore where our older daughter lives. He depends completely on his computer for business. So when it's down, he has problems. Several computer people blamed the demise of his computer's operating system on his anti-virus software. The software installed to protect against viruses took over his system. Our daughter's boyfriend makes a living trying to hack into the government computers to test for weaknesses in their security. He now has my husband's old computer hard drive and is trying to recover the little bit of data that my husband didn't back up before we left. Remember everyone. ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA. ALWAYS. Even if I can't figure out how to post my blog on the correct day from my Word program, at least I can back up my work each day.

Pool update. The water is within one foot of the tile line. The only thing swimming in there today is a little tiny frog. He looks like he's having fun.

So until next month. Happy holidays and always back up your computer.
Merrillee

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Prisakiss said...

Computer problems. Boy, those two words make me shudder. Sorry to hear about your hubby's woes, but it's nice to know your daughter has good computer connections. :-)

As you can tell by my post, the Christmas season is one of my favorites, too. I hope yours is a good one. I'll be thinking of you, and the rest of the Posse.

Pris

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

LOL on the little frog. That must seem like the endless ocean to him. Your pool looks nice. It's so interesting that the pools in Florida are screened in. We joked about doing that when we still had our pool, but you never see that here. Is yours because of insects or the gators?

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Thank goodness it wasn't the computer you write on!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Tori Scott said...

Merrillee, that is a gorgeous pool! I'm so jealous. I hope you get some warm weather soon so you can take full advantage of it.

Pam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]