site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, November 18, 2005

Channeling Valentino

Channeling Valentino

I'm hard at work revising a parnormal romantic comedy. Rudolph Valentino is a latecomer to my plot and plays a bit part as a mentor to one of the ghosts in the story. Since vintage Hollywood is a backdrop to the contemporary story, I ordered copies of The Sheik and The Son of the Sheik from Amazon. If you've ever watched silent films, you'll notice that eyes and facial expressions are a big part of conveying emotion. And Rudy has the eyes to slay even independent-minded maidens. I particularly like his troubled scowl in his Sheik headdress. Very effective. The guy had it going on, ya know!

After watching the films, I wanted details on Valentino. All the nitty gritty. Ah, the power of Google, a hurried writer's best friend. Since I was dealing with ghosts and wanted the dirt that would give my story a paranormal edge and vintage flavor I looked up Haunted Hollywood. Sure enough Rudy was there. He still gets around to several locations from his past life, including Paramount Studios, which was already in my book! I love it when ideas and facts collide even if it is a little spooky. It's nice to know I won't have to dance too far from the truth. Always easier that way.

Then I started reading about Rudy's life. Turns out he owned a cursed ring. There is some speculation, by those who believe in such things, that it was instrumental in his unfortunate demise. He chose to unpack and wear his famed ring while on the promo tour for his last film. There is a ring in my story which belonged to the Romanoff family and was fabricated from a piece of the Hope Diamond, another supposed cursed stone. Whether Rudy invited himself into my story through my subconcious or not, I'm glad he's there, except now he's demanding a staring role in his own story. So, I'm off to channel Rudy and see where he leads me next.

Lorelle

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Spooky!!
Diane

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

This sounds like the coolest story, Lorelle.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

This is pretty cool, Lorelle. I didn't know about the cursed ring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]