Top Ten Reasons I Love TeachingAllow me to begin this post by saying I never could have written this post before last year. It has only been since I’ve moved to my new school that I’ve been able to embrace what I am, instead of going to a job for a paycheck.
So, the top ten reasons I’m a teacher.
10) free hugs – all the time
9) the kids crack me up. At least once a week someone surprises me with a zinger that has me busting out laughing.
8) reading to the kids, spreading my own joy and experiences in reading to them
7) getting to wear goofy things to school, like Halloween socks and dresses.
6) summers off, two weeks at Christmas, a week at Thanksgiving, Spring Break (hey, these are WAY further up the list than they used to be.)
5) seeing stuff at the store that my kids will get a kick out of, and getting it
4) helping a kid that would fall through the cracks.
3) seeing the look on a kid’s face when he GETS IT for the first time.
2) sharing my experiences, firing passion in young minds
1) always feeling young