site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Top Ten Reasons I Love Teaching

Allow me to begin this post by saying I never could have written this post before last year. It has only been since I’ve moved to my new school that I’ve been able to embrace what I am, instead of going to a job for a paycheck.

So, the top ten reasons I’m a teacher.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

10) free hugs – all the time
9) the kids crack me up. At least once a week someone surprises me with a zinger that has me busting out laughing.
8) reading to the kids, spreading my own joy and experiences in reading to them
7) getting to wear goofy things to school, like Halloween socks and dresses.
6) summers off, two weeks at Christmas, a week at Thanksgiving, Spring Break (hey, these are WAY further up the list than they used to be.)
5) seeing stuff at the store that my kids will get a kick out of, and getting it
4) helping a kid that would fall through the cracks.
3) seeing the look on a kid’s face when he GETS IT for the first time.
2) sharing my experiences, firing passion in young minds
1) always feeling young

7 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I don't have kiddos, but I'm glad the world has inspired teachers like you.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Glad your students have such a wonderful inspiration.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

You're such a good teacher, Mary. Big hugs and kisses for raising the folks who are going to take care of me in my old age.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Awwwww, Mary. You made me all misty. You made me miss teaching--okay, so that's not too hard to do, but you made me smile while I miss it.

I'm glad to know someone like you is out there in the trenches. Keep the faith!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Let's just say I couldn't have written this post today ;)

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Hugs to you, Mary, for making a difference in all these childrens' lives. That's huge. Teaching certainly isn't for everyone. You need patience and understanding. Only extra special people make really great teachers...people like you!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Theresa! My kids will tell you I'm definitely NOT patient. I do love them to distraction, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]