site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2005

My favorite day of the year


...was yesterday.

The last Saturday in October gives me the impossible, the unattainable...the thing money can't buy. More time. One more blessed hour.

One more hour to snuggle with my kids and husband and watch a movie, staying up later than usual.

One more hour to sleep in!

One more hour to get things done in the morning (on Sunday, if I've "fooled" myself and haven't turned the clocks back when I went to bed).

And, on top of that, a bright, shining, sunny morning the next day at the same time it was dark and cold the day before!

I love Daylight Savings Time. I'm thinking Hallmark ought to start a campaign to make it another holiday! Just think of the cards they could come up with:

Happy Birthday! You get one more hour to celebrate tumbling over the hill!

or

I love you twenty-four hours a day...but this weekend, I love you twenty-five!

or

Time passes so slowly when we're apart...it seems as if there's an extra hour in the day.


Okay, so I write novels, not greeting cards...but you get the drift. I'm sure there's a passel of people out there who can come up with something better, so lay it on me!

The only thing I hate about it is that dreary weekend in April...when we have to give it back!

So...what do you do to take advantage of that annual, blessed hour?

Colleen

4 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Stayed later at my brother's Halloween party! The dh had to be at work at 6 AM, but we were able to party till after midnight.

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL, Colleen! It's one of my fave days too (currently I'm using it to squeeze in a whole 'nother 3600 seconds on the book I have to mail in tomorrow). I blogged about campaigning to just keep adding hours until April instead of springing forward (ugh) but I LOVE your official holiday idea. If that ever passes, you should definitely submit your great card ideas :-)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I'm glad to have the light in the morning, but I hate it getting dark so early. I'll have to start getting up earlier so I can get as much daylight time as possible. I did see where it's been passed that beginning in 2007, I believe, Daylight Saving Time will be extended by another month. Yay! Fewer months with darkness coming so blasted early.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleen, we're soulmates. This is also my Favorite Day of the Year! The only downside, like Trish said, is that it will get dark so early.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]